About the Program
Supervised consumption services are harm reduction based health services that provide a safe, welcoming, and confidential environment where it is legal to possess and consume drugs via injection, intranasal (snorting) and oral (popping pills). In addition to supervised consumption, individuals are provided with harm reduction supplies, education on safer drug use, overdose prevention and intervention, medical and counselling services, and referrals to housing, income support and other services.
- Harm Reduction based service
- Respond to opiate overdose
- Nursing assessments, wound care and connections to other primary care providers
- Supportive trauma informed/strengths based counselling available
- Case management, accompaniment, advocacy, referrals and other practical support as needed