Inclusive Communities. Responsive Healthcare. Healthier Lives
Providing and leading equitable, accessible, comprehensive healthcare for people where, when, and how they need it.
Values & Definition
- Client-centered – We make our work client-centred by meeting individuals where they are at and by providing compassionate care to support their informed choices in a safe, accessible, non-judgmental space, throughout their journey.
- Community responsiveness – We respond to the needs of our clients and communities by listening to them and acting in a timely manner through an integrated, flexible, and evidence-informed approach. We collaborate with external partners to plan and deliver services.
- Social justice, equity, and access – We advocate for social justice, equity, and access by providing a point of entry that challenges individual and system barriers. We collaborate with external partners to effect system change that eliminates barriers for the marginalized communities and promote population health.
- Capacity building – We build capacity of clients, staff and sector through support, empowerment, education and opportunities.
- Humility and Reconciliation – We recognize that reconciliation is a journey and will work towards building a renewed relationship with First Nations, Inuit and Metis peoples based on the recognition of rights, respect and partnership. We will undertake this with humility, acknowledging ourselves as learners in a continuous process of self-reflection. This self-reflection enables us to understand personal and systemic discrimination and to develop and maintain respectful processes and relationships based on mutual trust.
- Accountability – We respond to and deliver on our commitments to clients, staff, communities and stakeholders through open and transparent communication.