In January 2017, both Parkdale and Queen West membership approved the amalgamation of the two Centres effective April 1, 2017, under the leadership of a single Board made up of equal members from the former Centre boards.
The Boards of Directors of both agencies released a joint statement outlining the decision:
The Boards agreed on the following three overall goals for the integrated organization.
- The new organization will:
- Improve overall ability to provide system leadership.
- Operate as effectively as possible to maximize client and population health services.
- Build on the past culture of service (at both legacy organizations) and aim to be more than the sum of its parts.
- For clients, the integration will:
- Maintain or improve client experience, quality of services, service accessibility and service coordination in partnership with our clients.
- Continue to ensure provision of local services in the Parkdale and Queen West communities.
- For staff and volunteers, the integration will:
- Recognize the dedication of staff and volunteers of both organizations and support staff through the integration.
- Enhance opportunities for staff advancement/career succession within a single organization.
- Ensure that all staff, clients and communities feel part of the new organization.