Parkdale Queen West Community Health Centre (Parkdale Queen West CHC) Board, with input from clients, staff, partners and funders, developed a Strategic Plan in late 2017 to guide the newly merged Centre’s work over 2018 – 2020. Parkdale Queen West CHC’s Board re-visited the organization’s vision, mission and values and is pleased to present the following Strategic Plan:
Strategic Priorities 2018-2020
- Provide service for people who face barriers to health care, and reduce those barriers.
- Use research and partnership to promote changes that will improve the lives of our clients and communities.
- Focus on collective work and training for staff that will improve client care.
- Successful integration to create a sustainable platform that is well-positioned for the future.
- Parkdale Queen West CHC Strategic Plan 2018 – 2020 (interactive)
- Parkdale Queen West CHC Strategic Plan 2018 – 2020
Values & definitions
- Client-centred: At Parkdale Queen West CHC, we make our work client-centred by meeting individuals where they are at and by providing compassionate care to support their informed choices in a safe, accessible, non-judgmental space, throughout their journey.
- Community Responsiveness: At Parkdale Queen West CHC, we respond to the needs of our clients and communities by listening to them and acting in a timely manner through an integrated, flexible, and evidence-informed approach. We also collaborate with external partners to deliver services.
- Social Justice, Equity & Access: At Parkdale Queen West CHC, we advocate for social justice, equity, and access by providing a point of entry that challenges individual and system barriers. We collaborate with external partners to effect system change that eliminates barriers for the marginalized communities and promote population health.
- Capacity Building: At Parkdale Queen West CHC, we build capacity of client, staff and sector through support, empowerment and education.