About the Program
NOTE: Hours of operation have been adjusted due to the COVID-19 pandemic
Supervised consumption services are harm reduction-based health services that provide a safe, welcoming, confidential/anonymous, accessible, low barrier environment where under the supervision of staff, it is legal to possess and consume drugs via injection, intranasal (snorting) and oral (popping pills).
In addition to supervised consumption, individuals are provided with harm reduction supplies, education on safer injection and drug use, overdose prevention, training and Naloxone kits, nursing care (including wound care), drug checking service, medical, case-management, advocacy and other practical support services, and referrals to drug treatment (including detox), shelter/housing, income support and other services as needed. We also offer peer-assisted injection if you would like to bring someone to help you. Staff can help you find a vein and tie off but cannot inject you. The SCS also has snacks and tunes as well as a digital vein finder, pill crushers and digital scales.
The SCS operates at 1229 Queen St West
- Harm Reduction based service
- Respond to opiate and stimulant overdoses
- Nursing assessments, wound care and connections to other primary care providers
- Supportive trauma informed/strengths based informal counselling available and connections to counsellors and mental health services
- Case management, advocacy, referrals and other practical support as needed